There has been a recent explosion of public interest in less invasive facial rejuvenation products and treatments. At the forefront of this trend are botulinum toxin, or BOTOX®, injections and a wide array of dermal filler agents.
Cosmetic and Clinical Applications of BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers, Second Edition is an invaluable text that delves into this once guarded topic. Dr. William J. Lipham has updated this second edition to include new chapters, addressing important information for anyone interested in expanding their clinical practice in this area.
Topics inside the book include:
· Mechanism of action of BOTOX® as well as the facial muscle anatomy required for proper administration into appropriate muscle groups
· Storage and reconstitution of BOTOX® and Reloxin/Dysport®
· Functional disorders such as blepharospasm, Meige syndrome, hemifacial spasm, and strabismus
· Cosmetic applications for BOTOX®
· Cosmetic filler agents such as human collagen, hyaluronic acid, and poly-l-lactic acid
Features of the Second Edition:
· Use of 162 illustrations and photographs to convey a variety of injection techniques
· New chapter on the use of BOTOX® to decrease the severity and frequency of headache disorders such as migraine, tension-type headache, and chronic daily headache
· New chapter on how practitioners can market and integrate these services into their clinical practice
· Extensively updated chapter on the cosmetic applications of dermal filler agents, including recently FDA-approved compounds like Juvéderm™ and Perlane® as well as hyaluronic acid fillers that are awaiting FDA approval, including Restylane Fine Lines® and Puragen™.
Additionally, an accompanying DVD with over 60 minutes of supplemental video is included to demonstrate the techniques discussed.
DVD topics include BOTOX® treatment of:
· Forehead and frown lines
· Nasal “bunny” lines
· Chemical browlift
· Platysmal bands
· Hemifacial spasm
The DVD also demonstrates the proper use of hyaluronic acid filler agents including:
· Juvéderm Ultra™
Cosmetic and Clinical Applications of BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers, Second Edition is perfect for anyone interested in the use of BOTOX® and dermal filler agents for a wide variety of functional and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedures. General ophthalmologists, anterior segment surgeons, dermatologists, facial plastic surgeons, residents, and fellows alike will benefit from adding this valuable text and DVD to their collection.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
William J. Lipham, MD, FACS is an ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon who performs reconstructive surgery on the eyelids, tear drainage system, and orbit. In addition to managing complex medical and surgical cases, he also provides a broad array of facial rejuvenation services, including cosmetic eyelid surgery, laser skin resurfacing, and small incision endoscopic forehead lifts, as well as botulinum toxin and dermal filler injections for wrinkle reduction. Dr. Lipham received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Tex and performed his transitional internship at the University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii where he met his wife, Azura. He then completed a 3-year ophthalmology residency at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami, Fla and went on to perform an additional 2-year American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) fellowship with Jonathan J. Dutton, MD, PhD at Duke University Eye Center in Durham, NC. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Lipham was selected by the residents and faculty of Duke University Eye Center to receive the Hornaday Fellow Award for demonstrating excellence in clinical care, resident education, ethics, and research. He was also the recipient of the Marvin H. Quickert Award, which is given for the most outstanding thesis from those submitted by candidates seeking membership in the ASOPRS. Dr. Lipham is a Fellow of the American Board of Ophthalmology and American College of Surgeons (FACS). He is an active member of the ASOPRS, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Medical Association. He currently is the secretary of the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology and is a past president of the Minneapolis Ophthalmological Society. In addition to these activities, he is a surgical consultant for a number of medical device companies, is a frequent lecturer at scientific meetings, and has published numerous articles and chapters in the fields of ophthalmology and oculoplastic surgery.Review:
"The DVD is a bonus feature that is a welcome addition that makes the new volume truly a multimedia production."
— Michael Loeffler, MD, Ocular Surgery News
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Slack Incorporated, 2007. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111556427964
Book Description Slack Incorporated, 2007. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1556427964