The wire services were humming this year with news from the Vatican.
The story? The Pope says hell is real. There is a devil. And malicious powers are at work in our world and in our everyday lives.
Of course, this should not be a surprise to anyone who looks at our culture today. Even the actions of our world leaders remind us of the pervasiveness of sin and the words of the Holy Father remind us that all sin has dire, perpetual, everlasting, and personal consequences. In short, there will be hell to pay.
But still we may wonder: Why would a merciful God maintain a hell? Who's going to hell? Might hell be empty? Could we end up there?
You and I have a lot riding on the answers to those questions. Yet all those questions boil down to one: Why the Hell? And in order to answer that question, we need to get behind it. We need to address the mystery of sin: its causes, consequences and cure.
In this six-tape series, by Dr. Scott Hahn, you'll learn what the Scriptures have to say about how hell began; why it continues even after Christ's triumph; how even the highest angel, Lucifer, could fall into sin and drag us down with him; how Adam and Eve disgraced us through Original Sin (hint it's not a myth); and how Jesus and Mary the New Adam and the New Eve can lead us infallibly to heaven.
The Bible has plenty to say about hell and none of it is very pleasant. One thing is very clear: hell is too close--to us--for comfort. It finds a way of creeping into ordinary homes and marriages, even the best ones.
Here's a life-changing lesson to help you start the lifelong work of getting the hell out of here!
In This Series You'll Learn:
* Why Lucifer the highest of Gods angels refused to serve
* What the Pope meant when he said hell was not a place, but a state of being
* Why so many theologians today disbelieve in hell and why others believe that hell is empty
* What is the most seductive modern error about hell
* What even good Catholics fail to understand about Original Sin
* How Catholics and Protestants differ on Original Sin
* How a mistaken view of Original Sin leads to bigger mistakes about justification
* What the devil knows about Maryand wants to keep us from finding out
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Scott Hahn, esteemed professor of theology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville, is a popular author, speaker and father of six. His books include the best-selling A Father Who Keeps His Promises and The Lamb's Supper. Dr. Hahn's impressive body of work also includes over seventy-five Catholic tape series available from St. Joseph Communications.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)