This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2010 is designed to provide the reader with a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. All three components of the Revit platform are introduced in this textbook. This approach gives the reader a broad overview of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The topics cover the design integration of most of the building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Civil is not covered, but adding topography to your model is.
Throughout the book the student develops a two story law office. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings similar to the one on the cover of this book. Along the way the building's structure, ductwork, plumbing and electrical (power and lighting) are modeled. By the end the reader will have thorough knowledge of many of the Revit basics needed to be productive in a classroom or office environment. Even if you will only be working with one component of Revit in your chosen profession, this book will give you important knowledge on how the other disciplines will be doing their work and valuable insight into the overall process.
As an instructor, the author understands that many students in a classroom setting have varying degrees of computer experience. To help level the playing field the first chapter is devoted to an introduction to computers. Much of the basics are covered, from computer hardware and software to file management procedures: including step-by-step instructions on using a flash drive.
Chapters 2 through 5 cover many of the Revit basics needed to successfully and efficiently work in the software. Once the fundamentals are covered, the remaining chapters walk the reader through a building project which is started from scratch so nothing is taken for granted by the reader or the author.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Computers for CAD/BIM Users
2. Getting Started with Revit Architecture 2010
3. Quick Start: Small Office
4. Revit Basics: Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
5. Revit Basics: Drawing 2D Architectural Content
6. Law Office: Floor Plans
7. Law Office: Roof, Floors and Ceilings
8. Law Office: Structure System
9. Law Office: Elevations, Sections and Details
10. Law Office: Interior Design
11. Law Office: Schedules
12. Law Office: Mechanical System
13. Law Office: Electrical System
14. Law Office: Site and Renderings
15. Law Office: Construction Documents Set
* Revit Families: Introduction to Revit Creation - 67 pages
* Appendix A: Finding Missing Elements in Revit - 22 pages
* Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition - 89 pages
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Schroff Development Corporatio, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111585035823
Book Description Schroff Development Corporation, 2010. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1585035823