This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Most Realistic Practice for the SE Exam
16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings contains two 40-problem, multiple-choice breadth exams and two four-essay depth exams consistent with the NCEES SE exam’s format and specifications. Like the exam, this book’s multiple-choice problems require an average of six minutes to solve, and the essay problems can be solved in one hour.
Comprehensive step-by-step solutions for all problems demonstrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches. The solutions to the depth exams’ essay problems use blue text to identify the information you will be expected to include in your exam booklet to receive full credit. The supplemental content uses black text to enhance your understanding of the solution process.
16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings will help you to
· prepare for all four exam components
· connect relevant theory to exam-like problems
· identify accurate problem-solving approaches
· navigate the exam-adopted codes and standards
· solve problems under timed conditions
Referenced Codes and Standards
· AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
· Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
· Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
· International Building Code (IBC)
· Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7)
· National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD (NDS)
· North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI)
· PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
· Seismic Design Manual (AISC)
· Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic with Commentary (NDS SDPWS)
· Steel Construction Manual (AISC)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Joseph S. Schuster, SE, PE, is a practicing structural engineer licensed in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Illinois. He obtained a bachelor of science in civil engineering from Cornell University and a master of science in structural engineering from Stanford University. Mr. Schuster works in New York City, New York for the national engineering firm Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc., where he is involved in the structural design and renovation of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood buildings. He has also worked extensively on projects involving the repair and adaptive reuse of historic structures and has investigated several building collapses.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures and building enclosures. SGH’s award-winning work includes building, nuclear, transportation, water/wastewater, and science/defense projects throughout the United States and in more than 30 other countries.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Professional Publications, Inc, 2015. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11159126491X
Book Description Professional Publications, Inc, 2015. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB159126491X
Book Description Professional Publications, Inc., 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M159126491X