This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
GIMP is a free alternative to Adobe Photoshop with tons of professional-grade features. But with so many powerful tools and menu options, GIMP can be difficult to master. Whether you're struggling to get started or trying to master some of GIMP's more complex features, you'll find the answers you're looking for in The Book of GIMP.
The tutorials in the first half of the book walk you through essential GIMP skills, like resizing and cropping images, touching up spots and scratches, and customizing your work area. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions show you how to:
With illustrated tutorials and detailed references, The Book of GIMP is sure to become your one-stop guide to just about everything GIMP.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A Look Inside The Book of GIMPClick here for a larger image Click here for a larger image Click here for a larger image
A List of the Author's 5 Favorite GIMP Tool Presets:
1. The Pencil Soft Preset - An extremely realistic simulation of drawing with a charcoal pencil.
2. The Blue Pen Preset - An all-purpose way to annotate any picture.
3. The Smudge Soft Preset - Provides the best option for smoothing a painting without making it look dirty.
4. The Eraser Soft Preset - Simulates working with a high-quality eraser.
5. The Splatters Preset - A very handy way of adding blemishes to a picture.
A List of the Author's 5 Favorite GIMP Filters:
1. The IWarp Filter - Allows you to build fun animations of people's portraits.
2. The Edge Filter - Can be used to create extraordinary interpretations of dull photos.
3. The Make Seamless Filter - Offers the ability to generate very simple tiled backgrounds for web pages.
4. The Plasma Filter - The most fundamental filter for building new textures.
5. The G'MIC Selection of Filters - Contains all of the most useful filters.About the Author:
Olivier Lecarme is a professor emeritus in computer science at the University of Nice, France. He has a doctorate in computer science. He has been a professor at the Universities of Grenoble, Montreal, Lausanne, and Nice, and has taught many aspects of computer science, including programming language fundamentals and graphics processing.
Karine Delvare is a web development consultant. She has a Masters in Computer Science, with a specialization in image and sound, and has collaborated on the GIMP development project. She lives in Mérignac, near Bordeaux, France.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description No Starch Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # INGM9781593273835
Book Description No Starch Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1593273835 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0717606
Book Description No Starch Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111593273835