This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The stages-of-change model has become widely known as a framework for conceptualizing recovery. Less well known are the processes that drive movement through the stages or how the stages apply to becoming addicted. From Carlo C. DiClemente, codeveloper of the transtheoretical model, this book offers a panoramic view of the entire continuum of addictive behavior change. The author illuminates the common path that individuals travel as they establish and reinforce new patterns of behavior, whether they are developing an addiction or struggling to free themselves from one, and regardless of the specific addictive behavior. The book addresses crucial questions of why, when, and how to intervene to bolster recovery in those already addicted and reach out effectively to people at risk.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Carlo C. DiClemente, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He received his MA in Psychology from the New School for Social Research and his PhD in Psychology from the University of Rhode Island. The codeveloper with Dr. James Prochaska of the transtheoretical model (TTM) of behavior change, Dr. DiClemente has published numerous articles, chapters, and books. For over 20 years, he has conducted funded research in health and addictive behaviors. He has directed an outpatient alcoholism treatment program and serves as a consultant to private and public treatment programs. The recipient of the Maryland Psychological Association's 2002 Distinguished Contribution to Scientific Psychology award, Dr. DiClemente was also one of five winners of the 2002 Innovators Combating Substance Abuse award given by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
I. Understanding Addictions in Terms of Change
1. Models of Addiction and Change
2. The Process of Human Intentional Behavior Change
3. The Well-Maintained Addiction: An Ending and a Beginning
II. The Road to Addiction: The Journey Through the Stages of Addiction
4. Exploring the Precontemplation, Contemplation, and Preparation Stages of Becoming Addicted
5. Repeated and Regular Use: Moving from Preparation to Action on the Road to Addiction
III. Quitting an Addiction: The Journey through the Stages of Recovery
6. Precontemplation for Recovery: Cultivating Seeds for Change
7. The Decision to Change: Moving from the Contemplation to the Preparation Stage of Recovery
8. Preparing for Action: Creating a Plan
9. Taking Action to Change an Addiction
10. The Long Haul: Well-Maintained Recovery
IV. Designing Interventions to Match the Process of Change
11. Prevention: Interfering with the Process of Becoming Addicted
12. Designing Interventions for Recovery
13. Research on Addiction and Change
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Guilford Press, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB1593853440
Book Description Condition: new. Seller Inventory # think1593853440
Book Description The Guilford Press, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX1593853440
Book Description The Guilford Press, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1593853440
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-1593853440