Research suggests that 250 words per minute is the target reading speed for fluent second language reading. Reading for Speed and Fluency is a four-book series specifically targeted at developing reading speed and fluency. Ideal for individual or classroom use, the passages are thematically arranged to enable learners to progress through texts within a specific grouping to build on content and vocabulary. Vocabulary is strictly controlled to provide learners practice in reading at an accelerated pace without interference from unfamiliar vocabulary.
Key features include:
- Preview activities provide exposure to vocabulary and content
- Multiple-choice questions enable students to self-monitor comprehension
- Progress charts to graphically record personal reading speed development
- Reading passages throughout each level are of similar length and difficulty
- Photos to help students relate to the content
- Free downloadable supplemental audio recordings
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2007. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1599661039
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2012. PERFECT PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1599661039. Bookseller Inventory # EMPRESER9781599661025
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 120 pages. 9.80x7.40x0.30 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1599661039
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2007. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111599661039