This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
2015-2016 Basic and Clinical Science Course, Section 02: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
Provides the essential scientific grounding for current ophthalmic practice. Discusses ocular anatomy, embryology, biochemistry and metabolism in the eye, and ocular pharmacology. Features comprehensive updates to the genetics chapters, including an overview of appropriate uses for the latest genetic techniques.
Upon completion of Section 2, readers should be able to:
* Identify the bones making up the orbital walls and the orbital foramina
* Identify the biochemical composition of the various parts of the eye and the eye s secretions
* Demonstrate how appropriate diagnosis and management of genetic diseases can lead to better patient care
* Describe the features of the eye that facilitate or impede drug delivery
* Describe the mechanisms of action of antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal medications
* Discuss the anesthetic agents used in ophthalmology
Section chair: Lawrence M. Levine, MD
About the BCSC
The Academy's Basic and Clinical Science Course (BCSC) is ophthalmology's definitive compilation of scientific research and clinical experience. It is continually updated by a faculty of more than 80 expert ophthalmologists. Each of the 13 volumes includes fundamental clinical knowledge; numerous tables, photos and illustrations; self-assessment questions with answers; and opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(TM).
Beginning with the 2013-2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology (EBO) have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want