This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The market leader in exam preparation, Athletic Training Exam Review: A Student Guide to Success is now available in a Fifth Edition.
For more than 15 years, athletic training students have relied on Athletic Training Exam Review: A Student Guide to Success to guide them through the exam process and prepare them for the biggest day of their educational career.
Athletic Training Exam Review, Fifth Edition by Lynn Van Ost, Karen Manfré, and Karen Lew have enhanced both the text and online components to offer a more interactive and engaging study experience. This Fifth Edition reflects the updated new athletic training domains and NATA Educational Competencies.
Inside the text you will find:
· Multiple choice questions—over 1,150 questions
· True/false questions—95 questions
· Applied decision making questions—over 25 realistic clinical scenario questions
· Skills assessment questions—over 25 questions about realistic tests and procedures
· Critical thinking questions—over 10 problem-based questions related to medical conditions
The expanded and updated Fifth Edition continues the tradition of past editions of being a comprehensive review tool intended to guide students through the review and study portion of their athletic training education.
Online testing components include:
· Multiple choice questions—5 exams of 150 randomly selected questions from an online bank of 450 questions
· True/false questions—5 exams of 30 randomly selected questions from an online bank of 95 questions
· New! Video segments—13 special tests assessment videos that offer 83questions to enhance the studying process
· New! Testlet questions—39 scenario-based questions of common or related items, progress through each scenario with 4 sets of multiple choice questions
· Identification questions—11 anatomically based questions incorporating a “drag and drop” feature to reinforce the learning process
· Applied decision making questions—3 tests (2 problems each) of clinical scenario examples—apply what you have learned to solve the situation
· Critical thinking questions—10 problem-based questions related to medical conditions—narrow down the answer choices to the correct diagnosis
Athletic Training Exam Review: A Student Guide to Success, Fifth Edition provides detailed reasoning behind the correct answer that will assist students in highlighting their individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as features a variety of changes that reflect current trends in academic testing, patient evaluation, and critical thinking.
With new and updated questions and content, the addition of special tests assessment videos, the addition of scenario-based testlets, as well as tried and true study techniques, today’s athletic training student will need to look no further than this best-selling study guide.
Athletic Training Exam Review: A Student Guide to Success, Fifth Edition continues the tradition of being the essential go-to resource for athletic training students looking to successfully prepare for the BOC exam.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Lynn Van Ost, MEd, RN, PT, ATC, LAT graduated in 1982 with a bachelor’s degree in nursing from West Chester State College, West Chester, Pennsylvania; BOC certified in athletic training in 1984; graduated in 1987 from Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with a master’s degree in sports medicine/athletic training; and received a second bachelor’s degree in physical therapy in 1988 from Temple. In addition to treating the general orthopedic population as a physical therapist, she has worked with both amateur and professional athletes and has more than 11 years’ experience as an athletic trainer working with Olympic-level elite athletes at numerous international events, including the 1992 and 1996 Summer Olympic games. She currently works as the Director of Physical Therapy at University Orthopaedic Associates in Somerset, New Jersey.
Karen Manfré, MA, ATR, LAT graduated from the State University of New York at Brockport in 1977 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education/athletic training and from Rider University with a master’s degree in educational administration in 1999. She has been in education for more than 30 years and has worked as an athletic trainer at many levels of competition, including professional, elite, and intercollegiate. She was inducted into the New Jersey Scholastic Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2007.
Karen Lew, MEd, ATC, LAT graduated from the University of New Orleans in 1996 with a bachelor’s degree in health and physical education and from the University of Louisiana at Monroe with a master’s degree in education in 1997. She is involved with the athletic training program at the University of Miami where she currently serves as the clinical coordinator of the athletic training program. In addition to her duties at the University of Miami, she has been involved with the Universal Cheerleaders’ Association since 1993. During that time, she has served as an athletic trainer at a variety of camps; the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade; the annual New Year’s Day Parade in London, England; and the National Cheerleading Championships in Orlando, Florida.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Slack Incorporated, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB1617116130
Book Description Slack Incorporated. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1617116130 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0758227
Book Description Slack Incorporated, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111617116130