This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This coursebook explores both the practical and substantive aspects of Texas civil pre-trial litigation. The materials cover all aspects of the processing of a civil case up to the period immediately before trial. It addresses such issues as:
· The attorney's relationship with the client (when to take a case, forming the contract, Interviewing and counseling the client);
· When to file the suit (statutes of limitation and other pre-filing requirements);
· Protecting the right to recover (emergency relief such as TROs, sequestration, garnishment, and attachment);
· Deciding where to file the case (subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction, and venue);
· Defining and shaping the case (pleading practices, joinder, and preclusion doctrines);
· Obtaining relevant Information (scope of discovery and discovery devices); and
· Non-trial resolutions (default, summary judgment, settlement, and alternative dispute resolution).
All of the chapters have been updated to include new cases and changes in rules and statutes. In addition to cases and supplemental notes, Texas Civil Procedure: Pre-Trial Litigation includes sample pleadings and other documents to help students understand and apply the procedural rules. The text also includes thirty new sets of Practice Exercises--hypothetical problems that walk students through the application of the rules in increasingly complex situations.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description LEXISNEXIS, 2014. Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Seller Inventory # 1630440108-2-4