What is education? This core textbook will help students in pursuit of this question by providing a comprehensive, gentle and reflective introduction to the initial study of education. Updated in line with the latest policies, reforms and issues within education, this new edition includes:
* Full exploration of the historical, sociological, philosophical and psychological roots of education
* A focus on all levels of education - pre-school, primary, secondary, post-16 and lifelong learning
* The latest controversies and debates within education
* New material on compulsory education, special educational needs and post-16 developments
* Clear insights into the role and background of research within education
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1843121344