This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Telematics, is a specialized field of networked engineering multimedia for automobiles, that combines computers and wireless telecommunications with motor vehicles.
This book-CD combo 3D interactive multimedia and full color print publication, tested on many undergraduate and graduate students and professionals in the USA and in the UK, is an excellent introduction to digital factory and digital telematic car modeling and integration challenges. Principles, requirements, design challenges, applications, R&D and practical examples are discussed with 3D multimedia and active, open-source code, and novel methods & solutions by Professor Ranky. If you need a good overview on the topic, you have found it!
It discusses the basic principles of telematics, architectures developed by IBM, methods, tools and technologies with several practical, real-world demonstrations, outside and inside a digital car, explained and demonstrated by our industry expert, David C. Loose, a professional software engineer and I/T architect, with IBM?s Telematics Solutions Group in Austin, Texas, USA.
The over 400 interactive screens, and more than 30 minutes of digital videos and highly interactive 3DVR object screens cover:
* Introduction to telematics
* A detailed case study on the requirements analysis,
* Design challenges,
* Architecture, and
* Application opportunities of telematics with videos and animation inside and outside a digital, web-enabled, networked automobile
* Case-based learning and marketing methods
* Major Review Questions & Problems
* Case documentation guidelines
* Useful spreadsheet templates for educators and students
* A Major Glossary of Terms
* Customizable, open-source MS-Excel Tools & Templates to perform your own requirements analysis and
* Process failure risk analysis calculations
Furthermore, we cover a section of Advanced 3DVR Object Demos and Beautiful Images/ Videos to relax.
Please note, that this multimedia case publication includes several open source, customizable spreadsheet (i.e. active code) templates in MS-Excel.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
David C. Loose is a Consulting I / T Architect with IBM, USA.
About Paul G. Ranky
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the publishers email@example.com
He is a design, manufacturing systems/ industrial engineering and information technology engineer, with nationally and internationally recognized academic, industrial and engineering management experiences in:
* integrated product and process design , object oriented collaborative concurrent/ simultaneous engineering, multi life-cycle assessment and integration of product design and manufacturing/ de-manufacturing processes, product requirement analysis, product innovation, product development from concept to product, process analysis and design,
* lean and agile flexible/ cellular manufacturing and automation system design, simulation, operation control and programming, manufacturing/ machining/ electro-mechanical, automotive assembly process design, CAD/CAM to CNC, tool management, robotics (research and industrial scale), certain aspects of medical robotic design and manufacture,
* total quality control and management, ISO9000x, product testing and evaluation,
* information technology (IT), including computer programming, computer graphics, interactive multimedia authoring and programming, web-authoring, object-oriented user interface design for engineering multimedia, digital imaging and video, 3D VR virtual product marketing over the Internet,
* industrial & systems engineering, system modeling (analysis, design and system integration of complex engineering, management and IT systems), business process analysis, design and re-engineering,
* technical writing and editing in engineering and IT, publishing (traditional books, videos and technical journals as well as electronic publishing, including interactive CD-ROMs and multimedia on the web),
* research proposal writing, R&D fund raising, R&D consortium building, actual research and implementation, R&D project and team management (including national as well as international, global teams), R&D marketing,
* senior engineering management in industry, professional industrial consulting,
* senior academic management, traditional as well as open/distance/ Internet-based academic course and program design, management, delivery and quality review of educational programs in engineering, management and computing sciences at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels in the UK, in Europe, USA, Hong Kong/ China, Thailand and Singapore,
* most importantly delivering agreed quality results on time.
To summarize, he is an internationally recognized innovator, researcher, educator, technical author and professional consultant both in academia as well as in industry.
Eur-Ing. Professor Paul G. Ranky, Dr-Techn/ PhD, was born in a European family, with a well documented family tree dating back to the 12th century Western Europe.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want