This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Publication Production Using Pagemaker melds for the first time expertise in publication production and the specifics of using PageMaker to achieve that task.This is the specialist information you need to supplement the manuals, the kind of information which comes from the author’s four decades of practical experience in producing all kinds of publications.
Here you’ll find out how to:
- Improve the layout and production process.
- Use templates and ‘Styles’ to achieve speed and consistency.
- Unlock the mysteries of ‘scripting’ and ‘tags’.
- Avoid repetitive tasks by learning how to sit back and watch PageMaker do the work.
- Organise your workflow and relieve stress.
Most manuals emphasise the freedom in design and production given by programs such as PageMaker — this book does not; instead it emphasises how such a program fits into the more rigid structure needed by a strictly formatted publication working to a deadline. There are templates, scripts and more on the book website.
- This book reveals the ‘secrets’ discovered by PageMaker users over many years.
- This book’s website provides scripts and templates worth many hundreds of dollars.
- Access to an email advice service — all for the price of a book!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Gordon Woolf became editor of his first publication at the age of 20 and has published in the fields of music, farm machinery, unions, photography, and entertainment, as well as working for some of the smallest and largest general publications on two continents. Now he trains others in publication production and writes and publishes books. He is a co-owner of the PageMakr email list hosted by Purdue University, Indiana, and has been described by Adobe’s publishing evangelist Tim Cole as “the god of PageMaker in Australia”.
Other books by Gordon Woolf and published by The Worsley Press include “How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter” (now in its third edition) and “Publish Your Book”, a guide to the hands-on practical aspects of short-run book production.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Worsley Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1875750177. Seller Inventory # Z1875750177ZN
Book Description Condition: New. New. Looks like an interesting title!. Seller Inventory # M-1875750177