A complete guide to three-note jazz guitar voicings and related topics for everyone from intermediate newcomers to jazz guitar up to very advanced players.
The book develops a unique dynamic concept of harmony where three independently moving lines team up to create beautiful harmonies that are valuable for comping, chord melodies and chordal jazz improvisations. Topics include:
- Three-note shell voicings and special derived comp voicings
- Compete triad review including all close and open inversions on all strings
- A section on developing walking guitar voicings, harmonized bass lines perfect for accompaniment in situations where no bass or keyboard is present
- Sections on triad applications such as slash chords, Upper Structures, hexatonic triad-pairs and special hybrid voicings
- Quartal and Secundal voicings perfect for modal comping and soloing
- Drop-2 reductions perfect for melody harmonizations
- Envious of pianists using lush Shearing-style block chords? Here's a complete method to develop a realistic simulation on guitar.
- Plus much more! Hundreds and hundreds of examples in both music notation and guitar grids.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Veteran jazz guitarist Randy Vincent has performed, toured and/or recorded with Joe Henderson, Dizzy Gillespie, Bobby Hutcherson and many other jazz greats. He also has several well-received CDs out under his own name. Randy is the author of Jazz Guitar Voicings Vol.1: The Drop 2 Book, also published by Sher Music Co.Review:
Randy Vincent is an extraordinary musician. With this book, he gives a clear way to illuminate harmonies in the most sensible and transparent way.
PAT METHENY --Personal correspondence
What a great book! Randy Vincent has given us a huge amount of material we guitar players can use when we're listening and reacting to what's going on around us. This is so practical and so rare! Thanks, Randy!
JIM HALL --Personal correspondence
This book is full of essential information for jazz guitarists at any level. It's beautifully put together. Very logical and easy to understand. A wonderful book.
MIKE STERN --Personal correspondence
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Sher Music Co, 2011. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Brand New. 200 pages. 10.80x8.70x0.60 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __1883217660