This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
· This short supplementary textbook will help all students who use research in writing, from those writing a short essay with a few sources to those writing a full-scale major research paper.
· The easy-to-follow advice will have students writing better research papers right away.
· Detailed, example-filled instruction about proper source use and citation gives students all the information they need to avoid unintentional plagiarism.
· Focusing on practical and effective strategies for incorporating sources, the book teaches students how to:
· add strength to their argument and interest to their writing through the skillful use of sources
· select, evaluate, and prepare sources for use
· avoid plagiarism through the proper use of quotation, paraphrase, summary, and citation
· Activities at the end of each chapter help students internalize their newly acquired skills. An instructor’s answer key is included, making it easy to start using this book right away.
· The examples in the book are presented in both APA and MLA citation styles, though the book will be a useful resource regardless of the particular style of citation and bibliography you require in your classes.
· Helps your students learn how to avoid plagiarism while they discover techniques for writing better research papers.
· Updated APA and MLA citation styles and material on research strategies and source selection (Chapter 2), quoting sources effectively (Chapter 4), and grammar and mechanics (Chapter 9).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Robert A. Harris (PhD, University of California, Riverside) taught English at college and university level for more than 25 years. He has also worked in the area of instructional design. Dr. Harris' other books include The Plagiarism Handbook and Writing with Clarity and Style: A Guide to Rhetorical Devices for Contemporary Writers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge, 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1884585574
Book Description Routledge, 2005. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111884585574