This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Whole Wheat Apple Flipjacks with My Mom's Applesauce, Caramel Butter and Bacon Roast Apples are just some of the delicious recipies you'll find in OPEN KITCHEN. The recipies include info about ingredients, preparation, timing and wines.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
24 large oysters
1 large egg
3/4 cup (175 ml) instant mashed potatoes
1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons (60 ml) butter
- Shuck oysters; remove meat and juices to a bowl. Arrange bottom shells on serving platter. Blot oysters dry with paper towels.
- In bowl, beat egg with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the reserved oyster juice. Just before cooking, dredge 12 of the oysters in flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg and coat well in potato flakes.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the butter over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add oysters and cook, turning once, for about 1 1/2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining oysters, wiping skillet clean between batches.
- Place hot oysters in reserved shells. Serve immediately, accompanied with lemon wedges. Make 24 appetizers.
Smoked salmon rye bread pudding with dill yogurt sauce, dijon mousse and juniper pickled red onions is the unwieldy title of a dish from Smith's award-winning first cookbook, Open Kitchen: A Cook's Day at the Inn at Bay Fortune, that belies the simple balance of perfectly conceived flavors and textures in a single bite. -- Kathleen Hickey, The National Post, March 4, 2000
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. Seller Inventory # A10652
Book Description Callawind Publications. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1896511104 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0807298
Book Description Callawind Publications, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB011YT9Z10