This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Repairing the Breach is the most comprehensive book available evaluating the current and historical clash of worldviews between Christianity, humanism, liberal theology, and the New Age. Thoroughly documented with more than 2,500 footnotes and endnotes, and yet passionately told from the perspective of the authors' own quest for truth, the work is a must-read for high school and college students, and for teachers, parents, and pastors charged with the responsibility to teach others.
The book is also ideal for the non-Christian truth-seeker, as it systematically explains the poor methodology, deception, and flawed evidence used to bolster the worldview alternatives to Christianity. Specifically, the book explains that humanism, the New Age, and liberal theology rely on deceptive Darwinian science, flawed philosophy, and biased historical methods, while the Christian worldview alone achieves the harmony of truth in all domains, and the harmony of faith and reason.
While a lengthy work, the material in Repairing the Breach is very manageable and assumes no specialized education in any domain. Rather, the book was written specifically for the general public and the authors have compiled information from thousands of sources into a concise and clear treatment of a wide variety of subjects impacted by the war of worldviews. This work will be a treasured addition to your library and will allow you to understand and explain to others, the war of worldviews that rages all around. If you read just one work on this topic, this is the one.
Repairing the Breach will answer the following questions:
1. What is a worldview and are the alternatives really at war with Christianity?
2. Historically, how have the competing worldviews of humanism, the New Age, and liberal theology been influenced by flawed philosophy, false science, and poor methodology?
3. What are the ancient roots of the modern worldviews opposed to Christianity, and how has the Church fought against such errors during the past 2,000 years?
4. Does the evidence in the scientific literature support the claims of Darwinian evolution, including human evolution?
5. Should theistic evolution be viewed as the proper reconciliation of faith and science by Christians who believe that Scripture is not intended to convey scientific information? Why must the Scholasticism of the Middle Ages be considered when developing an answer?
6. What is the historical link between deceptive Darwinian science, Nazism, eugenics, abortion, education theory, ethics, and jurisprudence?
7. Why is public school education failing so badly, and what does the controlling philosophy behind the NEA have to do with this failure?
8. What does judicial activism have to do the war of worldviews?
9. Why has America undergone a moral collapse? Is there hope for the nation?
10. What is the only proven approach for Christian parents to effectively steer their children away from false worldviews?
11. Will Christian freedoms really come under attack if the tide is not turned? Won't Christians be protected by their Constitutional rights?
12. What strategies can be executed at the local and national levels to turn the tide in the war of worldviews?
13.(Special Appendix) What is the true Catholic teaching on evolution theory and the harmony of faith and reason? Is the clash of worldviews only for Evangelicals, or is there common ground on which all Christians and all truth-seekers can unite?
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John M. Wynne is the Director of Restoring Truth Ministries, an organization devoted to promoting and defending the Christian Worldview through books and media; and the author of A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory: Weighing the Scientific Evidence in Light of Thomistic Principles and Church Teachings on Origins.Review:
The authors have done a masterful job in putting this book together, and I congratulate them on a work that I think will stand the test of time. I consider Repairing the Breach to be among the best books in print assessing the culture wars and making sense of it all. --Beverly Eakman, Education Expert and Author of Cloning of the American Mind
I would HIGHLY recommend this book for any teacher, public or private, as well as anyone with a deep interest in the debate between evolution and creationism. After seven years of technical higher education at two universities, I thought I was immune to the claims of creationism and believed that evolution was simply God's creation. This book changed my entire worldview of evolution. The authors start with one goal in mind: take the scientific method and REALLY apply it...challenging assumptions, hypothesis, and theories...and they do this devastatingly. So the question is, why is evolution still being taught as fact? The authors show how evolution is not only NOT a fact, but also [part of] an agenda...to teach a humanistic, secular, and anti-God worldview in our schools. --Ben Fisher, Jesus Be With Us.com
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Brown Books Publishing Group, 2008. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1933651318
Book Description Brown Books Publishing Group, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 796 pages. 10.70x8.70x1.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 1933651318
Book Description Brown Books Publishing Group, 2008. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1st. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1933651318n