The Relay Testing Handbook is an indispensable resource that every relay tester should keep at their fingertips. This book was written for relay testers, rather than design engineers, so you no longer have to decipher engineering textbooks when performing relay tests.
As modern protective relays become increasingly more powerful and complex, many relay testers continue to use test procedures and philosophies that are based on previous generations of relays and their limitations. Modern relays have very different characteristics that require a different testing philosophy to ensure that they will operate when required.
This hardback book includes most of the volumes in the The Relay Testing Handbook series and includes:
* Electrical fundamentals including three-phase electricity, phasor diagrams, and fault types
* Relay testing fundamentals including what equipment you need and how to use it
* The most commonly used testing philosophies, and the most efficient and effective ones
* How to translate digital logic used by relay manufacturers into familiar concepts
* Best practices for creating and implementing test plans
Entire chapters are dedicated to the most commonly used protective elements including:
* Overvoltage, undervoltage, and frequency (59/27/81)
* Time, instantaneous, and directional overcurrent (51/50/67)
* Simple and transformer differential (87) testing with three or six current channels
* Line distance (21) testing using realistic test plans to minimize setting changes
Each protective element chapter includes:
* A description of operation written for a relay tester, not for a design engineer
* Step-by-step test techniques that maximize your effectiveness and efficiency
* Realistic examples from various relay manufacturers and models
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Chris Werstiuk is a graduate of the Electrical Engineering Technology program at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT), a Journeyman Power System Electrician, and a state-certified Professional Engineer. Werstiuk has been involved with relay testing for over a decade across the Americas in environments ranging from nuclear power plants to commercial buildings and nearly everything in between. He has authored several articles in NETA World and presented a number of papers at the annual InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) and Hands-On Relay School conferences. He has also led training classes for testing companies, electrical utilities, and maintenance personnel at private and military installations across North America, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. Werstiuk is the founder of ValenceOnline.com, an online resource for testing technicians including textbooks, online training programs, test leads, an extensive library of useful links, and an online forum to exchange ideas and information.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Valence Electrical Training Services LLC, 2012. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1934348201
Book Description Valence Electrical Training Services LLC, 2012. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 656 pages. 10.90x1.90x8.40 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1934348201