Let this outstanding pharmacology text help you learn how to administer drugs safely and effectively! Now in its eighth edition, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process continues to deliver the perfect amount of pharmacology, prioritization, and nursing process information to today’s nursing students. Centering on its unique key drug approach, this text focuses only on the drug information you need to safely administer drugs. The text also continues to emphasize the nursing process and prioritization, covering the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluations you need to practice effectively. New to this edition is even more coverage of QSEN competencies, simpler language, and a wealth of reader-friendly features and innovative learning aids. Along with its integrated NCLEX preparation and insightful learning strategies, you won’t find a more complete pharmacology text on the market!
- NEW! Additional QSEN coverage incorporates more QSEN information throughout the text.
- Applicable QSEN competencies added to text case study titles
- Collaboration and teamwork content added to selected case studies
- Addition of new Safety: What Went Wrong? case studies
- Explanation of QSEN initiatives as it relates to safety and quality of patient care is included in the Medication Errors chapter
- NEW! Improved readability is aided by more friendly, direct-address language; shorter sentences; simplified language (where appropriate); and much more.
- An extensive Photo Atlas of Drug Administration features more than 100 step-by-step illustrations depicting key steps in drug administration for various routes of drug administration.
- UNIQUE! QSEN focus highlights those aspects of the book ― such as boxes, tips, case studies, and other content ― that correlate with the QSEN competencies.
- Popular key drug approach focuses on the need-to-know content for safe clinical practice and uses a streamlined approach to drug indications, emphasizing only the most common or serious adverse effects.
- Integrated NCLEX® Examination preparation includes seven NCLEX Examination review questions in every chapter, with at least one alternate-format item per chapter.
- Thorough application of the nursing process is addressed in each chapter to help readers learn how to prioritize nursing care to focus on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnosis, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- Colorful and consistent learner-friendly format utilizes a variety of tables and practical body systems organization to help readers integrate pharmacology content with what they are learning in medical-surgical and adult health nursing courses.
- Focus on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, helping readers learn to connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
- Large collection of reader-friendly learning aids includes approachable text elements such as:
- Cartoon-illustrated learning strategies covering study, time management, and test-taking tips related to studying pharmacology.
- Drug profiles highlighting specific information on commonly-used agents.
- Case studies that help bring patients to life and promote critical thinking skills.
- Dosages tables providing instant access to dosages, routes, and indications for individual drugs.
- Key points summarizing key pharmacology and nursing content in each chapter.
- Critical thinking and prioritization questions encourage readers to think on a deeper level.
- More than 250 full-color photos and illustrations show how drugs work in the body and how to administer medications safely and effectively.
- NEW! Updated learning strategies include strategies for incorporating technology and active learning.
- NEW! Exclamation point icon identifies ISMP high-alert drugs.
- NEW! Diamond icons indicate key drugs in the Dosage tables.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Linda Lane Lilley, PhD, RN
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.