This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Making math relevant to the real world The eighth edition lives up to its reputation as a clearly written, comprehensive finite mathematics text. Students will find a greater emphasis on real-world applications from the fields of business and social sciences, making the material relevant to their studies. From the increased use of boxed formulas to informative explanations of examples, Mizrahi and Sullivan make this edition even more accessible to students. Hallmark features
* The comprehensive and readable coverage has received praise through seven editions.
* The text is flexibly organized. A flowchart in the preface shows instructors how to sequence chapters to meet specific needs.
* Well-graded exercise sets at the end of each section help students gain a better understanding of the material.
* End-of-chapter study questions for review include true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions with answers.
* An abundance of realistic examples are provided that gradually increase in difficulty to develop conceptual understanding.
* Mathematical questions from CPA, CMA, and actuary exams show students the relevance of the material.
Also available by Mizrahi and Sullivan: Mathematics: an Applied Approach,7/E (0-471-32203-2)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This solid introduction to finite mathematics is known for clarity and completeness. The text includes a thorough discussion of matrices, linear programming, probability and statistics and is filled with applied examples and exercises. Many exercises are taken directly from CPA, CMA and actuary exams.Review:
Student Solutions Manual and Graphing Calculator Laboratory Manual available. -- The publisher, John Wiley & Sons
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 728 8th Edition. Seller Inventory # 2648002596
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 728. Seller Inventory # 44812795