This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Revised to reflect the needs of today’s users, this 10th edition of Database Processing assures that you will learn marketable skills. By presenting SQL SELECT statements near the beginning of the book readers will know early on how to query data and obtain results–seeing firsthand some of the ways that database technology is useful in the marketplace. By utilizing free software downloads, you will be able to actively use a DBMS product by the end of the 2nd chapter. Each topic appears in the context of accomplishing practical tasks. Its spiral approach to database design (incorporating all 3 sources: from the integration of existing data, from new information, and the need to redesign an existing database) provides users with enhanced information not available in other database books on the market. Topics include: SQL, database design, implementation, processing, access standards, and business intelligence. An excellent reference and handbook for information systems professionals such as database administrators, database designers, systems analysts, web-database developers, and programmers of database applications.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of database processing, and incorporates all
of the most current technologies on the market
COMPLETE * CLEAR * CURRENT
· Extensive discussions address publishing database applications with Internet technology and using both Active Server Pages and Java Server Pages
· In-depth discussions of the relational model, normalization, and extensive SQL for both data definition and data manipulation
· Thorough coverage of database modeling and design using both the entity-relationship and semantic object models
· Lucid descriptions and examples of modern DBMS products including Access 2002, Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
· The companion website at www.prenhall.com/kroenke, provides easy navigation to exercises in Tabledesigner, drag-and-drop database design tool, and interactive study guide questions that drive home the chapter objectives
· Up-to-date coverage of data warehousing, data marts, and OLAP
· Presentation and discussion of important standards including DHTML, XML (including XML Schema), ODBC, and JDBC
· Discussions of object- oriented database processing that feature both SQL3 and Oracles object-relational capabilities
Study and Succeed with
David Kroenke's Database Processing 8/e & Web site: www.prenhall.com/kroenke
David Kroenke has been a sailor since 1971 and currently owns a Mason 44. He has cruised the West Coast extensively, roamed the Inside Passage and the coast of British Columbia, and sailed to Mexico and back. His next Big Trip is a voyage to the Marquesas. Although he holds a Ph.D. in engineering, he claims his chief qualification for writing "Know Your Boat" is the self-education process he undertook after spending piles of money in boatyards.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Glencoe/Mcgraw-Hill, 1994. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # KSK-9780023668814
Book Description PRENTICE HALL, 1995. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0023668814