"Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology" is specifically written for psychology students approaching research for the first time. The key theoretical and conceptual issues are discussed in detail alongside the practicalities of doing research. This accessible text covers quantitative and qualitative methods and the appropriate use of both are explained. This book can be used on its own or in conjunction with 'Introduction to Statistics in Psychology' and Introduction to SPSS 12 in Psychology' by the same author team.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology
This text is accessible, practical and authoritative. It meets the needs of students doing research at all levels for the first time. The key theoretical and conceptual issues are discussed in detail alongside the practicalities of doing research. There are major chapters on searching the literature, ethics, and developing ideas for research projects. Quantitative and qualitative research are covered and the appropriate use of both explained. It is a complete and attractive book written to help psychology students throughout their course.
Introduction to Research Methods in Psychologycan be used to alone or to complement the authors¿Introduction to Statistics in PsychologyandIntroduction to SPSS in Psychologyalso published by Prentice Hall.
- Meets the needs of all students, a book that is well organised, well written, comprehensive and relevant
- Explains the purpose and benefits of all types of research design
- Sets research in the context of the general study of psychology
- Discusses at length neglected topics such as the literature search and the process of originating ideas for research
- Looks at writing research reports as a major aspect of planning and carrying out research
- Includes expert guidance on both quantitative and qualitative research
Dennis Howitt and Duncan Cramer are both Readers in Psychology at Loughborough University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson Education, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131399845
Book Description Pearson Education, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-005-54-1058101