For undergraduate courses in Database Design, Introduction to Database Management, and Database Management and Design in departments of Business, Computer Information Systems, and Computer Science.
The text provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of database processing. It is organized into several parts, beginning with the core components of database processing including building databases and related applications, data modeling, and progresses to the transformation of data models into relational database designs. Relational database implementation is discussed in the ensuing sections. Key technological advances are thoroughly discussed, such as the expanding Internet and organizational intranet technology and its role and function within application publishing. The concluding parts deal with database processing and object-oriented DBMS technology.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of database processing, and incorporates all
of the most current technologies on the market
· Extensive discussions address publishing database applications with Internet technology and using both Active Server Pages and Java Server Pages
· In-depth discussions of the relational model, normalization, and extensive SQL for both data definition and data manipulation
· Thorough coverage of database modeling and design using both the entity-relationship and semantic object models
· Lucid descriptions and examples of modern DBMS products including Access 2002, Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
· The companion website at www.prenhall.com/kroenke, provides easy navigation to exercises in Tabledesigner, drag-and-drop database design tool, and interactive study guide questions that drive home the chapter objectives
· Up-to-date coverage of data warehousing, data marts, and OLAP
· Presentation and discussion of important standards including DHTML, XML (including XML Schema), ODBC, and JDBC
· Discussions of object- oriented database processing that feature both SQL3 and Oracles object-relational capabilities
Study and Succeed with
David Kroenke's Database Processing 8/e & Web site: www.prenhall.com/kroenke
David Kroenke has been a sailor since 1971 and currently owns a Mason 44. He has cruised the West Coast extensively, roamed the Inside Passage and the coast of British Columbia, and sailed to Mexico and back. His next Big Trip is a voyage to the Marquesas. Although he holds a Ph.D. in engineering, he claims his chief qualification for writing "Know Your Boat" is the self-education process he undertook after spending piles of money in boatyards.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Database Processing: Fundamentals, Design and Implementation (Prentice Hall international editions) This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780130852120
Book Description Pearson 01/06/1999, 1999. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780130852120
Book Description Pearson 01/06/1999, 1999. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780130852120
Book Description Pearson, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # 1956455
Book Description Pearson, 1999. Book Condition: Fair. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. In fair condition, suitable as a study copy. Bookseller Inventory # 6250329